Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Yoga As Self Care

By 
il_570xN.331177132I can’t remember the date I began practicing yoga, but I remembered it being in 2009 when I fell in love with this practice.  In 2010 I really began adopting yoga into my life and found out that there were benefits on and off the mat.  In my opinion, yoga is much more than just getting on your mat, doing poses in a routine and saying “OM”.  It is about breathing, absorbing, being present, being aware and balance.
I recently began thinking about ways that I can incorporate aspects of yoga into my practice with clients.  There is something therapeutic about being able to focus on the present moment:  there is no need to worry about what can happen, may happen, might happen or can possibly happen.  You can focus on what is, at that moment.
There are many ways to incorporate yoga into your lifestyle and ways that it can possibly be helpful to clients.  Here are 3 of the several things that I have observed about what yoga can bring to your life.
* Awareness:  It is difficult to be practicing yoga (being at a class or doing your home practice) and not be aware of what you are doing.  You have to pay attention to what move comes next, how you feel, what is uncomfortable.  It allows you an opportunity to pay attention to yourself. Click here to read on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment